Labor & Delivery at Medical City Arlington
At Medical City Arlington, we know that choosing where to give birth is one of the most important decisions you will make in your pregnancy. We believe the day you give birth should be one of the best of your life. That’s why we take great care in meeting the needs of each of our new mothers: her care, comfort and privacy — even her desire for luxury with spacious labor and delivery suites.
If you’ll be delivering your baby in spring 2019 or later, you’ll be one of the first to experience the new, exclusive Women’s Hospital at Medical City Arlington, which will add two new floors, three VIP suites and many more amenities and services.
We Deliver Dreams at Medical City Arlington
Inside our friendly halls, you’ll meet highly skilled and attentive doctors and nurses dedicated to your care and equipped with advanced technology. Our private recovery rooms offer thoughtful amenities and ample space for visiting family members.
Personalized maternity care at Medical City Arlington
Each year, more than 4,000 newborns are welcomed into the world at Medical City Arlington — and each one is special! At Medical City Arlington, you’ll find:
- Personalized maternity care
- Three floors dedicated to childbirth services
- Private recovery rooms filled with amenities and equipped with the latest monitoring technology
- Childbirth education classes to help expectant families prepare
- A dedicated OB/GYN emergency department
- Texas Ten Step facility for breastfeeding care and support
- Choice of celebratory gourmet meal after birth
Level III NICU at Medical City Arlington
It’s also important to know that if your baby needs extra care, Medical City Arlington is a Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU), among the highest level of care available for critically ill newborns in Arlington and the surrounding DFW area.
Our neonatologists, neonatal nurse practitioners and NICU nurses specialize in providing high-quality, compassionate neonatal intensive care.
Medical City Arlington Receives Quality Recognition for Maternity Care
When you deliver your baby at Medical City Arlington, you can rest assured that you’ve chosen a hospital ranked high in quality and service. We are proud to have achieved recognition from Healthgrades in the following areas:
Labor and Delivery
- Recipient of the Healthgrades Labor and Delivery Excellence Award™ for 3 years in a row (2015-2017)
- Recognized by Healthgrades Superior Performance in Labor and Delivery for 3 years in a row (2015-2017)
- Among the Top 10% of Hospitals Evaluated for Labor and Delivery for 3 years in a row (2015-2017)
- Five-Star Recipient for Vaginal Delivery for 3 years in a row (2015-2017)
Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Recipient of the Healthgrades Obstetrics and Gynecology Excellence Award™ for 3 years in a row (2015-2017)
- Recognized by Healthgrades for Superior Performance in Obstetrics and Gynecology for 3 years in a row (2015-2017)
- Among the Top 10% of Hospitals Evaluated for Obstetrics and Gynecology for 3 years in a row (2015-2017)
Text4baby® Free Message Service
The experts at Medical City Arlington want you to know about a free message service available to pregnant women and moms with babies up to one year old. By signing up for Text4baby, you can receive free text messages on prenatal care, newborn health, parenting and more. You’ll also receive emergency health messages, such as during a disease outbreak or medicine or product recall.