Grand Prairie Emergency Room
5203 Lake Ridge Pkwy
Grand Prairie, TX 75052
Full-Service ER Care Closer to Home
Medical City ER Grand Prairie, a department of Medical City Arlington, is a full-service emergency room staffed with board-certified emergency physicians specially trained to help you through any emergency. And with 12 private treatment rooms and the speed of our services, you won’t have to spend any more time waiting long hours to be seen.
If you think you or a loved one are experiencing a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately or go to the closest emergency room.
Shorter ER Wait Times
Just like a traditional hospital-based emergency room, we are equipped to handle any medical crisis, with a trauma/code room, a complete medical laboratory, an on-site blood bank, and a wide array of sophisticated testing and imaging technologies. With our unique facility and efficient service model, we can provide a full complement of emergency services with much shorter waiting times than a traditional ER.
With a full staff of certified, experienced emergency care specialists standing by, you can expect to be evaluated and treated within just minutes.
- Board-certified by the American Board of Emergency Medicine, our emergency physicians are available around the clock, with immediate access to a range of specialty physicians for consultation and evaluation.
- Our registered nurses are experienced in critical care and have training and certifications in Basic Life Support and Advanced Cardiac Life Support. Because we offer specialized pediatric treatment rooms, our nursing staff members also hold certifications in Emergency Nursing Pediatrics and/or Pediatric Advanced Life Support.
- Texas certified paramedics are on-staff, with ambulance services available to rapidly transport patients with escalating medical conditions. Critical patients are seamlessly transitioned into the care of the award-winning Medical City Arlington.
- Our full-service, professionally staffed laboratory offers 24-hour, seven-day-a-week service, including life-saving blood products banked on-site.
- State-of-the-art radiology services, staffed by certified CT and X-ray technicians, provide on-site imaging to facilitate rapid health care decisions.
- Our on-staff hospital pharmacists are standing by to support the medical team and ensure safe medication administration.
- Our environmental services personnel work around the clock to continuously maintain the cleanliness of our facility.
What to expect at Medical City ER Grand Prairie
While Medical City ER Grand Prairie provides all the same services as a hospital ER, the experience is completely different. When you arrive, you’ll be greeted and taken directly to a comfortable, private room for consultation with our nursing staff. All patient care takes place behind closed doors, creating a calming, quiet environment while ensuring complete patient confidentiality.
As a patient, you can expect to be seen quickly by an emergency physician and receive appropriate treatment, including immediate pain control if warranted. Before you’re discharged, your attending physician will review your care plan and provide follow-up instructions. If your attending physician determines that you need to be admitted to a hospital, we offer a seamless transition into the care of the award-winning Medical City Arlington.
While your family members wait, they can enjoy our on-site coffee bar, wireless Internet connection, telephone and a wide choice of cable television channels.
Pediatric ER Specialists
When your child needs emergency care, you want the fastest and best treatment, in a non-threatening environment where he or she will feel safe and secure. That's just what you'll find at Medical City ER Grand Prairie.
Your child will be promptly treated in one of our two pediatric treatment rooms, equipped with everything needed for state-of-the-art emergency care. All of our friendly, caring nurses are specially trained in pediatric care.
We have partnered with child life specialist to provide for the unique needs of your child. To help you soothe your little one, our all-private rooms create a protected environment that limits what your child sees and hears in the ER. Colorful, kid-friendly decor and a wide range of cable channels provide a welcome distraction.